Tailor-made analytics is super important for your business.
It’s often not enough to simply paste a generic tracking script and be done with it. What you need are metrics that make sense to you, and that were defined to serve your business.
In the video, we’ll see how to:
- Track every page a user navigates to (even tabs!)
- Track every action a user does (click on a button, on a link, opening a document, etc.)
- How to “see” what a user did (using “Recordings”), to better understand how they use our app
- Track specific metrics (user identity, when they first did X action, how many times an action was made, etc.)
- Build dashboards and charts
And, what’s really awesome is how quick we did all this, because most of it is tracked automatically!
This integration makes tracking users and their actions really simple and effective:
- Recognize users even on different devices (merge devices into the same user)
- Tracks custom properties (make data “resurface” to have them stored in PostHog, mostly to enhance the User profile)
- Aggregate users into groups, such as companies, etc. to have “by-group aggregations”
Now, I spend my time creating charts and thinking about which ones I need for my business (what KPIs), instead of thinking about how/what I must collect.
In the video, we use PostHog to track the visitor’s actions, and see how it reflects on our analytics tool.PostHog is really awesome, not only it is like a million times easier to understand/use than Google Analytics, but it also comes for free (up to 1 million/events/months)If you ever need to scale, it’s also possible because it is open-source and self-hostable, while providing a cloud offering to get started quickly for free.Also, it’s GDPR compliant (unlike GA, which is forbidden if you’re processing the data of EU citizens)Also, unlike free but closed-tools like Amplitude, you get full control over your data and can export them and reuse them for free! (Amplitude allows that, starting from ~$50k/year)Cherry on cake, it comes built-in with a “Recordings” to watch how visitors use your app!Watch the above video to see it in action!
❤️ I love PostHog for many reasons, but mostly because it made something that was hard to do, long to setup, and overall not fun at all, into something simple.
👉 If you’d like to have a custom integration that fits your use-cases, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me!